Did you know the majority of Children’s Miracle Network funds raised in Southwest Louisiana come from small individual donations or other outside efforts?
Did you know the majority of Children’s Miracle Network funds raised in Southwest Louisiana come from small individual donations or other outside efforts? Whether they purchase a paper balloon or host a bake sale, these individuals make a huge difference for the children we serve at CHRISTUS Ochsner Southwestern Louisiana hospitals.
How can you help? Click below for ideas and tools to get started. Need something else? Email [email protected].
Invite customers to drop their loose change into canisters at your registers. Click here to download the printable file to put on any can, jar or bucket of your choice!
A few tips for hosting a successful coin drive:
- To get your employees involved, spice up the donation drive by inviting each of them to decorate their own canisters! Customers can “vote” for their favorites with their change. The employee with the highest donation total wins.
- Download a poster, window cling or sticker design.
The CMN paper balloons are the most widely recognized symbol of the Children’s Miracle Network brand. Keep a supply of balloons at each register, and invite customers to purchase them for $1 (or more) each. Customers can then write their names on their balloons, and you can display them around your business.
A few tips for hosting a successful balloon campaign:
- Incentivize register employees to get customers involved. Offer prizes to the top balloon sellers.
- If you have multiple locations, create a competition among them to see who can raise the most money.
- Emphasize that donations stay in Lake Charles to help kids in Southwest Louisiana.
- Plan your balloon campaign around an existing event, like an anniversary, sale, grand opening or other happening to create excitement and gain exposure.
- Display balloons anywhere customers will see them – on counters, on walls, or throughout a lobby or shopping area.
- Utilize some of our available marketing materials:
- Stickers for employees
- Counter clings
- Window clings
- And more!
Ready to get started? Contact Allison Schnake at [email protected].
Fill a jar with jelly beans, Skittles or other candy pieces and invite customers and employees to donate to guess how many are in the jar. Consider a grand prize in addition to the jar of candy!
REQUIRED DOWNLOAD TO PARTICIPATE: Click here to download stickers for the jar or your employees. Click here for window clings.
For Individuals, Clubs or Organizations
Partner with any business that has a large parking lot. Gather your water hoses, buckets, soap and sponges and charge each car for a wash. Donate the proceeds to the CHRISTUS Ochsner SWLA Foundation!
Ideal for groups, make this a bonding and fundraising experience! Get together to whip up your best cookies, cakes and other treats, and sell them after a church service or other event for maximum exposure.
Want a fresh idea? Consider these options:
- Sell homemade granola bars or other dessert alternatives, too.
- Have a contest among the bakers. Have them create goodies following a certain theme, or see who can command the highest price for a special cake or other item.
Whether it’s your birthday, a neighborhood Christmas party or a party to watch a big game, consider supporting the Children’s Miracle Network! Here are a few ideas:
- Rather than buy gifts for each other at a Christmas party, collect the gift money and make a donation together.
- Set up a football squares pool for any football watch party. Split the buy-in proceeds between the winner and the CHRISTUS Ochsner SWLA Foundation.
- Ask for a donation to the Foundation in lieu of birthday gifts.
- Host a tailgate at any sporting event! Charge participants for entry and include food, drinks and games under a tent.
What a great time to go through your clothes, kids’ toys, home décor, servingware and other items! Get a few neighbors together, clean out whatever doesn’t spark joy and, after the sale, donate some or all of the proceeds to the Foundation.
Gather donations from businesses, number your balloons and have a balloon sale! This is a fun idea to implement at a park or other busy area.
Tips for a successful balloon sale:
- Make sure you have a prize for every balloon you sell.
- The price for each balloon can be as little as $1 and as much as $100, depending on your audience and your goals. Whatever your price, ensure that every balloon has a prize worth at least that amount.
- No need to put the prizes inside the balloons. Just put numbers in each, and keep the corresponding prizes in a folder.
- Gift cards make great prizes!
Allow students to wear non-uniform clothes in exchange for a predetermined donation to the Foundation. Consider using these helpful tools:
- Create a flyer and send it home with students in their backpacks.
- Send an email to parents announcing the event.
- Hang posters announcing the event in each classroom, in the cafeteria, in the library and in other common areas.
- Let students know about the event during the morning announcements.