Life-saving. Impactful. Faithful. Trustworthy.
CHRISTUS Ochsner SWLA Foundation Staff
Kay C. Barnett, CFRE
Executive Director of Development
CMN Director, Annual Events Manager
Read Kay C. Barnett's Bio
Kay C. Barnett, CFRE, is Executive Director of Development of the CHRISTUS Ochsner Southwestern Louisiana Foundation. She oversees all philanthropic efforts for the organization in Southwest Louisiana, including those on behalf of CHRISTUS Ochsner St. Patrick Hospital and CHRISTUS Ochsner Lake Area Hospital.
Kay earned a bachelor’s degree in education with a major in French and a minor in journalism, from LSU. She also earned certifications in Planned Giving, Capital Campaigns and Major Gift Fundraising from the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Business. In 2009, she received the CFRE Certification of Fundraising Executives, which requires mastery of proficiency and knowledge in the philanthropy field of international standards.
- Business Development Consultant, CHRISTUS St. Patrick Hospital
- Co-Founder, The Cancer Support Center
- Vice-President of Marketing, Premier Bank, Bank One and First Commerce Corporation
- Executive Director, Calcasieu Arts and Humanities Council
- Endowment Specialist, McNeese State University Foundation
- Board of Commissioners, Lake Charles Harbor and Terminal District, Port of Lake Charles (2003–2011)
- President – 2005, 2009
- President, Port Rail, Inc. – a recently formed corporation of the District to develop a short-line railroad for the port
- Board of Directors, MusicMakers2U
- Board of Directors, La Familia Resource Center
- Board of Commissioners, Chenier Plain Coastal Restoration and Protection Authority
- Board of Directors, Junior League of Lake Charles
- Board of Directors, Family Foundation of Southwest Louisiana
- Board of Directors, American Heart Association
- Board of Directors, Lake Charles Symphony
- Coordinator, building and rebuilding of Lake Charles Millennium Park playground projects
- Member, Rotary Club of Greater Lake Charles
- Member, Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Member, Association for Healthcare Philanthropy
Outside the Office
Kay has two sons, Jason and Byron Barnett; one daughter-in-law, Emily; and two granddaughters, Collins and Charlotte. She loves spending time with her granddaughters, listening to music, gardening, travelling, cooking and taking yoga.
Her passion for community service has allowed her to be part of many projects that have impacted southwest Louisiana, and that sparked her interest in philanthropy.
“It is an honor to have had the opportunity to start and build the Foundation. My work allows me to connect donors who want to make an impact on the lives of our patients and the work of our physicians,” Kay says. “I look forward to expanding the Foundation’s work in the future.”
Read Cheyanna Glyenn's Bio
She also manages Foundation events, including the annual Dragon Boat Races, Green Hat Fun Run/ Walk/ Crawl and Charity Cook-off, and the CMN Radiothon.
Glyenn earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Health Science from Northwestern State University.
She has been an associate with CHRISTUS Health since 2007 and was previously the manager of the CHRISTUS Louisiana Athletic Club – Lake Charles. She brings over eight years of fundraising experience.
Outside the Office
Originally from Lake Charles, Cheyanna enjoys dancing, shopping, fitness and trying out new restaurants. She and her husband have four children that like adventures and keep them busy.
Read Charlotte Crochet's Bio
Charlotte Crochet is the Executive Assistant for the CHRISTUS Ochsner Southwestern Louisiana Foundation. She oversees the office workflow and handles correspondence in conjunction with the executive director of development and CMN director.
Charlotte earned a bachelor’s degree in management at the University of Phoenix and an associate’s degree in accounting from Phoenix Community College. In 2015, she earned a certification in Change Management and a Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt.
Prior to joining the Foundation, Charlotte was Vice President of Operations for Phoenix, Arizona-based Troxell Communications, the largest privately held audio-visual distributor in the United States, which has more than 60 offices nationwide.
Outside the Office
Charlotte is originally from South Louisiana and returned home after 25 years in Phoenix, Arizona. She loves spending time with her family and traveling with friends.